Well, I have some dining room updates to reveal this week (finally!) but I also realized that I’d never actually shown the before of this room when I discussed what we wanted to do! To be fair, this is not the original before – we had done a few things since moving in six (!) years ago, so this is really Dining Room Edition II: We hope we know what we like now.
The photos are less than amazing, but you can get the general sense of…well…browns. Dark brown table, medium brown floors and light brown walls. The second photo is probably the best in terms of accurate shades.
Please excuse the laundry from several years ago, the mish-mash of decor on the bar, and the cat strolling through the photo :) But clearly the room was lacking color and style. So here’s the rundown of our to-do list:
- Paint the walls
- Replace the curtains and add shades
- Install the DIY map art
- Add art to the east wall (the one with the single window)
- Buy a rug
- Create a console table/mirror/lamp grouping on the west wall (the one shown with the wedding shrine above)
- Add a table runner or centerpiece to break up the table
- Replace the chandelier (probably down the road)
- Create interest with a few different chairs (probably down the road)
I’m *so* looking forward to overhauling the room into a space that we love!
You have three different pictures of the SAME room and all three look like a totally different room!!! I had to keep looking. They are ALL gorgeous! I need a decorator and a house keeper!
Thank you! The room has a fantastic layout and beautiful windows – it’s a great starting point! The taupe on brown on chocolate just wasn’t doing it for us anymore. But, we’re loving where it’s headed now – can’t wait to share the new photos this week!
Can’t wait to see what you do with the room! So much potential!